Our Firm’s Practice Areas
At the law firm of Gorman & Williams, our attorneys’ commitment to excellence sets our full-service law firm apart from others in Baltimore and Washington, D.C. You can count on our team to handle your best interests whether you are a local or international business, start-up, individual or nonprofit organization. Our firm’s lawyers can help you with:
- Business litigation – We serve as an advocate for the interests of insurance, business and individual clients in state and federal trial and appellate courts throughout Maryland and Washington, D.C.
- Insurance litigation – Our attorneys defend insureds under a variety of policy coverages including commercial general liability, E&O, D&O, commercial auto, watchman and specialty technology lines.
- Commercial – We represent business entities in all aspects of their commercial transactions, including manufacturing and distribution agreements, licenses, franchising, and other commercial transactions.
- Corporate – Our attorneys assist clients in all aspects of selecting and organizing an appropriate business entity and structure, suitable to the enterprise. We regularly assist our clients in addressing complex corporate issues.
- Intellectual property and technology – Our attorneys are regularly involved in all varieties of intellectual property matters including patent, copyright, trademark litigation in infringement cases and more.
Trusts and Estates
We advise clients in the development of appropriate estate planning strategies. Our attorneys are well versed in the drafting of simple and complex trusts, charitable gifts, wills, advance directives and other estate planning documents, as well as tax planning for family and business tax saving opportunities.
Admiralty And Maritime
We represent a wide variety of clients in matters involving diverse aspects of admiralty and maritime law. Our clients include insurance carriers, banks and other lenders, cruise line operators, commercial and recreational boat owners, marinas, surveyors, carriers, shippers, longshoremen, stevedores and a host of other maritime interests. We have literally decades of experience in admiralty and maritime litigation, arbitration and mediation. Our attorneys are recognized for their work in commercial and consumer marine finance, have been published in generally recognized admiralty legal publications, and have participated with the Maritime Law Association of the United States in writing significant federal maritime legislation.
Real Estate Law
We have an active practice in assisting clients with issues of real estate and construction law. We regularly represent commercial real estate developers in concern with the acquisition and development process and related transaction structures. We also represent both owners and tenants with regard to leasing projects. Our construction contract experience includes both pre-dispute negotiation and the resolution of dispute through arbitration or litigation.
We represent employers and employees with respect to employment and labor law matters. Our practice includes covenants not to compete, protection of trade secrets, employment problem prevention, wrongful termination and civil rights litigation, equal employment opportunity, workplace violence, wage and hour regulation, employee benefits, occupational safety and health law, unemployment and disability benefits, and workers’ compensation. Our attorneys help prevent problems through expert training programs and employee manuals, and help our clients make informed and smart decisions in the workplace. We prosecute and defend employment disputes in litigation on behalf of employers, employees and insurers.
Plaintiff Compensation For Personal Injury
Our firm’s trial attorneys regularly recover significant compensation for clients who are the victims of serious personal injuries. Whether injured by an auto accident, fire, medical or dental malpractice, deficient construction, use of dangerous equipment or similar cause for bodily harm, our attorneys know how to win compensation for our clients. Deep experience in the medical field and in the prosecution of these cases enables our attorneys to evaluate personal injury cases properly; obtain the necessary evidence of liability and proof of damages, including medical records and lost earnings; and successfully negotiate with insurers and defendants. Most importantly, we know how to prosecute these cases, whether before a jury, a judge or in the courts of appeal. The decades of our experience, together with the intense energy, intelligence and effort we bring to our clients’ aid, has earned us the highest reputation for obtaining justice for our injured clients.
Contact Gorman & Williams For A Consultation
Our team has built a solid reputation for our hard work and high standards. Contact us in Baltimore at 410-929-1921 or Washington, D.C., at 202-990-7611, or send us an email to schedule a consultation.