James focuses on civil litigation in federal and state courts including commercial litigation, insurance coverage and defense, admiralty and maritime disputes, and intellectual property litigation.
James also has experience with patent infringement actions before the International Trade Commission. James is admitted to practice in Maryland, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland. James is a graduate of the Maine Maritime Academy and the University of Baltimore School of Law.
Prior to joining the firm, James spent five years as an officer on U.S. flag merchant ships on coastwise and foreign voyages and currently holds a 1600 ton Master’s License.
- Maryland State Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association of the United States
- Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Propeller Club of Baltimore
- International Organization of Masters, Mates & Pilots
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- J.D., University of Baltimore School of Law, summa cum laude
- B.S., Maine Maritime Academy, cum laude