Frank is a graduate of the Georgetown University School of Foreign Service and the Georgetown University Law Center. His practice focuses on intellectual property, international commerce, and litigation matters. He prepares and advises on trademark, copyright, patent, and other IP licenses; trademark and copyright registration applications; domain name issues, take down notices, and other internet matters. He advises on international trade and commerce issues working with foreign attorney contacts, including ITC, tariffs, and import/export control matters. Frank presents seminars on IP topics, most recently a webinar on trademark law and procedures. He has worked with young foreign attorneys to promote understanding of other legal systems. He is Of Counsel to the firm.
Frank is a Fellow in the American College of Trial Lawyers. He is a past chairman of the Intellectual Property Subcommittee of the Maryland State Bar Association. He served as a member of the Equal Justice Council which supports Legal Aid. Frank served as Secretary of the Baltimore Conservatory Association which supports the Howard Peters Rawlings Conservatory & Botanic Gardens. He is a Fellow of the Maryland and Baltimore City Bar Foundations. In 2005, Frank received the Maryland State Bar Association Lee A. Caplan Pro Bono Award. He has taught a variety of law school courses as adjunct faculty at the University of Baltimore School of Law.
Frank has earned a reputation of excellence in representing clients in complex litigation. He represented Green Mount Cemetery in the 1995 trial over the exhumation of John Wilkes Booth, a petition brought by distant relatives who contended that Lincoln’s assassin was not killed and escaped. Frank has given talks, performed video conferences, and is working on publishing a book about the trial.
- Fellow, American College of Trial Lawyers
- American Bar Association, Export Control and Economic Sanctions Committee
- Maryland State Bar Association, Intellectual Property Subcommittee
- Fellow, Baltimore City Bar Association
- Fellow, Maryland Bar Foundation
- International Trademark Association
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
- U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Court of Appeals of Maryland
- District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- J.D., Georgetown University Law Center
- B.S.F.S., Georgetown University